Vegans do not eat eggs, do not drink milk and do not make exceptions. I have encountered 2 people in the last 2 weeks claiming they know a vegan who eats eggs. They are not vegan, they are vegetarians, or some variety of vegetarian.
Now that is cleared up, I can move onto a brief poem to welcome the full forces of autumn and the upcoming month. Today marks the start of Black History Month in England. As you can see from the painting below, an iconic figure for the rights of minority groups.
Greens to yellows and reds my bed of roses is now dancing in the moonlights shadow neighbourly connections surreptitious directions jewels that hung on the balcony wet days on the way
As we approach the darker months of the year it is so important to connect and be with other people. I think we should be connecting in person but talking online is just as good. Video calls would be better since you are able to gauge the facial expressions of the other person. As mentioned in a previous post going to church can be a good way to connect with likeminded people. Attending any group would be a start. I am of course talking to myself at the same time as typing this; I should be doing this and more often.
- Walking groups
- Coffee groups/ coffee morning meetups etc
- Art groups
- Online groups – online quizzes and presentations or general chit chat
- Religious groups – anything from church to a meditation group (lots online now)
- Courses – like a short course either in person or online
As for solo activities I can think of a few to keep you busy! This is assuming you live alone though
- Walking/dancing/exercise in any form at home and outside
- Healthy eating/cooking/baking/dinner parties hosting or attending
- Going to the cinema or to a show – with people as well!
- Painting and drawing
- Writing and blogging of course!
- Learning something new! online courses at home or even in person!
- Travelling somewhere new
- Home decoration/renovations
- Movies and tv at home
- Creating a routine if you want one
- Connecting with other people – in any form
- Visit historical places
There is a lot of things you could do in the autumn months. I can imagine taking a long walk in the countryside would be nice. Or perhaps going for some high tea in the local teashop. This is something I want to do, and I intend to go to London for some high tea. As for visiting historical places, you can do that with people too. I’d like to get down to the Tower of London and visit Clarkson’s farm at some point.
Welcome to autumn. Welcome to October. Spooky month for most of us! That reminds me, why not turn the entire month into an even for yourself and have a fantastic Halloween! No limits. No restriction on what you can and cannot do.
2 thoughts on “Welcome to October”
I’m a Flexitarian! We mostly consume a vegan/vegetarian diet!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve unfortunately been given egg containing products because of the misunderstanding about veganism! I am 100% for any diet that promotes not eating meat. Thanks for reading 🙂